Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Friday 4 May 2018

Orange in April

And it continued into May.

It began with Orange Ted,  the Thumbs Up Orange  Bear of Positive Attitudes.     You can find him here with Dione at

The Clever Chameleon

My Bear sat on the Blue Chair, that is the best seat at our place.

Orange Bear April 2018

A happy smile, and he will join the others later next week.

Leaves are also orange… The Cherry Blossom trees have bare branches, leaves are orange, brown, and what a quilter might call “threadbare”!!!

Orange Cherry Tree leaves, Autumn 2018

But the winner for the Orange Ribbon was the sunset this morning.

Officially not in April, but close enough to be in the race .

Glorious colour, the clouds slowly moving along, the trees still, the silence of the early morning , nature at its finest.


Orange, the sunrise this morning, 4th April 2018


Composed Upon Westminster Bridge, September 3, 1802

William Wordsworth, 1770 - 1850

Earth has not anything to show more fair:
Dull would he be of soul who could pass by
A sight so touching in its majesty:
This City now doth, like a garment, wear
The beauty of the morning; silent, bare,
Ships, towers, domes, theatres, and temples lie
Open unto the fields, and to the sky;
All bright and glittering in the smokeless air.
Never did sun more beautifully steep
In his first splendour, valley, rock, or hill;
Ne’er saw I, never felt, a calm so deep!
The river glideth at his own sweet will:
Dear God! the very houses seem asleep;
And all that mighty heart is lying still!
Greetings from Jean

21 comments:

kiwikid said...

Beautiful bear and orange things happening around you.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love your little orange bear Jean and that sky is stunning! A lovely poem by Wordsworth, this brings back memories of his poetry in English classes, my favourite The Daffodils.

Susan Heather said...

You have such wonderful sunsets down there or was it sunrise - not sure as you said sunset this morning. I see the poem was composed on Westminster Bridge in 1802. One of my grandfather's brothers collapsed and died on Westminster Bridge in 1861.

Susan Heather said...

I pressed "publish" too soon and had meant to ask about your health.

Jenny said...

That's a cute orange teddy. I had visions of joining in the monthly colour sew along, but it hasn't happened. Perhaps next year.

Dione Gardner-Stephen said...

Jean, I love your orange thread bear. He is marvellous. And your sunrise is spectacular!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Hope you are feeling better! What a lovely tribute to orange. Love the sky photo.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

That is one happy bear, he just makes one smile looking at him.

That sunrise is fabulous!

Love, hugs & continued prayers for you and your dear Hugh ~ FlowerLady

Kate said...

I love your teddy, so bright and cheery. Just makes me smile to look at him.

Sandra Walker said...

Your bear is so bright and perfect on that chair! And oh! what a sunset! Never tire of sunsets, or sunrises, though I see more of the former than the latter, ha!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Orange Ted is such a cheerful fellow! I hope you and your husband are doing well.

Dee said...

Dear Jean, thank you for that gorgeous sunrise photograph. At first, I thought I might be seeing a flame from a forest fire, but it is a dawn! How beautiful.

And thank you, too, for the Wordsworth poetry. I so remember studying him in English Literature when I was a senior in high school. He spoke to me and I've memorized several favorite lines from his poems.

Have a wonderful weekend. Peace.

Carol Mattingly said...

Oh, that bear is fantastic. But I sincerely love the sunset. I rarely photograph sunrises or sunsets, but I love to see images other people share. I love poetry Jean. I used to sit for hours as a teenager reading poetry. Rod McKuen was a huge poet in the 1970's. I still have his books. Have a fantastic weekend and I hope Hugh is better. Carol

KB said...

Oh my - what a smile on your orange bear! And that may be the most incredible sunrise I've ever seen!! Thank you!

Fundy Blue said...

Ted is such a cute bear! Your sky shot is magnificent! What rich colors! I enjoyed the poem by Wordsworth too. He's always been one of my favorite poets. Have a good one, my friend!

Our photos said...

Hmm, that is very orange ! I love your sunset !

Cheryl said...

I love the orange bear!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Happy bear, happy skies - beautiful poem!!! Hope all is well with you guys!

Inger said...

Thanks for the poem and the gorgeous clouds, leaves and the bear!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Oh I love the orange bear- and the gorgeous sunrise. I like the poem, also. Have a blessed week!

Jenn Jilks said...

A fine poem. I think of you as we ease into spring. Mind you, it was 5 C. this a.m.!!!