Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Saturday 20 January 2018

Easy as is Easy Does

Like Lori, over at Skoog Farm Journal, you can visit here here at this link

Takin' it easy ,

  I am a bit the same.

Thank you all so much for your lovely thoughts,  caring wishes, prayers and loving words. Easy, I am trying to, but  nothing is so  simple, meals,laundry, and more still wait each day. Housework, that is more easily ignored!!! But I am doing OK. Still waiting to be on the short list for the scan, my referral has not been read by anyone yet!!!  I will not get stressed, and will wait patiently.

I have 3 lily bulbs planed in pots, they are perfumed, and magnificent.

The last gladioli have no buds yet, they were planted VERY late.

Lily buds waiting


Yellow Lily #3


Yellow Lily #1


One of the comments in my last post was from Louise at this link,

Standing into Danger .

The words  ,  in case you missed them, said

The bird's nest is beautiful. We work so hard to surround ourselves with security, and here there are all these little birds that surround themselves with bits of woven fluff and build their lives!

This is so true. Life is fleeting, sometimes too short, fragile, and needs to be lived each day to the fullest we can.

Meantime I went to the library, and in a Homespun Magazine from June 2015, was this Fox. He is a softy, lots of fiddly cutting out, but he said “ Make Me” so I am. How could anyone resist this little fellow?

When I was young, I had a soft plush rabbit with long legs, pale green, called Flopsy.This Fox might well be “ Flopsy Fox” a tribute to my days with Mum and Dad on the farm,   a calf each year for the school calf club day, a horse, then a bike to ride the mile and a half to primary school, pine trees for firewood, and a 6 bale cowshed. How times change. The farm is now very exclusive and expensive lifestyle blocks.

Magazine cover photo courtesy of the Internet.



Quotation of the day, author unknown

“ You are never too old for a Teddy Bear”

Greetings from Jean.



15 comments:

Susan Heather said...

I do hope you get the scan soon. Lovely Lillies.

Leeanne said...

Best wishes and hugs............nice to have some cheery flowers in your garden.......fabulous Mr/Mrs Fox! Enjoy!

Julie Fukuda said...

We have Mountain lilies that look much like that and perfume the air at night.

Out To Pasture said...

Looking forward to seeing your 'Flopsy Fox'. Yes, those crafty birds make beautiful cozy homes from just scraps. (a bit like quilters) Your lilies are gorgeous!

Out To Pasture said...

Looking forward to seeing your 'Flopsy Fox'. Yes, those crafty birds make beautiful cozy homes from just scraps. (a bit like quilters) Your lilies are gorgeous!

Jim said...

Just catching up here.....
We wish you the best and hope they get things moving for you. It's no fun being limited in what you are so used to doing on a daily basis. Sit still and look at these beautiful blossoms you have.....they will give you peace.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Sending positive thoughts your way! Hang in there.

Inger said...

You sound calm, not stressed at all, which is so good. I am thinking of you a lot. I love the fox, I know you will make him pretty, or should I say, foxy? I still have the little toy dog I got when I was four. He's a little scotty, a light colored one, I think made from sheep skin. His name is Patrick and when I smell him, the feelings from my childhood come right back. Take care. Hugs.

Carol Mattingly said...

Jean you hang in there and patience be your guide to make it through each and every day and do only the necessary things you must do. Not the ones you know you shouldn't. As for that beautiful little fox. Oh my, if I send you fabric will you make me one. He is absolutely adorable and I would pay you for every stitch you sewed. Take care and hope Hugh is ok. Carol

Jenny said...

Hospital waiting can be difficult, but if you are on the list, you know it is just a matter of waiting, and waiting, do hope you get the call soon so your problem can get attended to. You will want to be fit and active for your holiday next month. Sending you both hugs from Ealing, moving on to Ashburton today, and still enjoying our South Island holiday!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Just take your time doing those things that need to be done - take lots of time to smell those gorgeous flowers! Wish I could, lol. I really like the quote. Love the fox, can't wait to see yours!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I will keep you in my prayers. I hope you get the scan done soon. I agree with the Teddy bear quote. Cute Fox! Your flowers are gorgeous. Enjoy your day and new week ahead.

The Furry Gnome said...

Glad you can ignore that housework. So can I!

Jenn Jilks said...

Do take care. So lovely seeing flowers! xx

Fundy Blue said...

Foxy is irresistible! I loved how he turned out in our clever hands. Thanks for the link to my blog! Take it easy! It will all work out! Hugs to you and Hugh!