Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Friday 16 December 2016

A few more Very Quiet Days

 

My words here might be few and far between for a while.  I had another trip to hospital at 1.30 a.m. on Wednesday, after waking at 1 a.m. knowing something was amiss, and chest pain began. Then the shaking. not an earthquake for sure. Woke  Hugh, rang the ambulance, ,they must think I like those trips.  My blood pressure was so high, yet the ambulance paramedic wanted me to try and tell her what was wrong, when I could hardly breathe. Then  she wanted me to walk out to the green and yellow truck!!! I struggled,  with her on one side and Hugh the other, I tried so hard, with suggestions “ Keep your eyes open,  Keep Walking !!!” Over and over. Guess she might have been a bit scared I would collapse. Then I think I almost yelled, well it might be called a snappy retort… “ I’m Trying”!!! Truly, it was such a long way, or so it seemed.

St John Ambulance

Whanganui Hospital E.D. has the best staff, from the cleaning lady who sweeps around the bed so quietly, or leaves it until the curtain is open, the nurses,  3 were waiting when I arrived, to all the Doctors from bottom to top. My medication has been changed, once again,  and the new tablets lower my B.P. to the very bottom of the scale.  I  now have a referral to a cardiologist, but am classed as semi-urgent!!! So am off to my G.P. next week, hope another letter might hurry things along.

Sewing is taking a break, as is quilting, baking, and housework. Perhaps in the reverse order might have been a better way to list them.

I promise, I am still reading all your news, admiring the photos, of sunshine, cats, dogs, waterfalls, lakes and the snow.Love that snow, wherever it is.And even  if I have not left a comment, I will have read every word.

Here is a collection of photos  from 2014.

December 2014 collage

 

Quotation of the day, a Chinese Proverb,

The miracle is not to fly in the air,

or to walk on the water,

but to walk on the earth.

Greetings from Jean

24 comments:

Susan Heather said...

So sorry to hear you have had another trip to hospital. I do hope they can sort the problem out soon.

Glad to see you received the e-card. Thinking of you - hugs from the Far North. Sue

Jane said...

So sorry to read this Jean. I will keep you in my prayers. Rest and get better!

Hugs
Jane

Julie Fukuda said...

Prayers flying your way for a good solution to the problem and a lasting recovery. You need a better ending of the year.

Out To Pasture said...

I'm hoping your new meds are making you feel much better, Jean. Meanwhile, you've simply got to let others pamper you a bit. I know your good family and friends will be eager to help in any way they can. Your bloggy fans are all pulling for you!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jean, I am so sorry to hear about your latest trip to the hospital. I hope they can control the BP. I will keep you in my prayers! Happy weekend to you. In case I am not on the computer next week, I am wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear, dear Jean ~ I am sorry to hear you had another ride in the ambulance. May you soon be feeling much better.

Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

Tish Stemple said...

Jean, I do hope you feel better soon and they get everything figured out. Sending you lots of love and prayers.

The Furry Gnome said...

We'll be thinking of you and hoping you get this sorted out. Take care.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Oh my goodness- I am so sorry you are not feeling well. I hope that the doctors can get your bp straightened out. And seriously, why in the world did they make you walk to the ambulance???
Feel better soon, and have a wonderful Christmas!

Shelley Folkerts said...

Hugs to you, Jean and Hugh.I am so sorry to hear you have had another trip to the hospital.I pray that the doctors find a way to control your high blood pressure soon. Take care of yourself and feel better soon. Hugs from the bitterly cold Heartland. Shelley

Jenny said...

Not again - oh dear Jean, I'm so sorry to read of your health troubles. Hospital is the best place for this sort of emergency, and I do hope your BP is soon under control. Such a worry for you both, and we worry too, all your bloggy friends. Do take care, and sending our love to you both.

Leeanne said...

Now that was NOT on your Christmas list was it! My fingers will be crossed for you, that all this can be sorted. Take care, hugs from the north xxx

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh dear lady, another bumpy ride to the hospital! Hopefully new meds will have you feeling better but I keep thinking this is not good enough, you shouldn't have had to suffer like this. Take care of yourself and I will be thinking of you as we batten down the hatches bracing for a winter storm coming our way tomorrow.

Jenn Jilks said...

You sweet woman, take it easy and take care! I'm still fighting my cold. xx

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh Jean, as soon as your post came up and up popped the ambulance I knew you had been visiting the hospital again.
I am hoping and praying they get this sorted for you , asap!! It's so very frightening when these things happen to us, especially in the middle of the night. Take things easy, guess you can;t do much else really if you now have a very low BP. Take care.

Karen said...

So sorry to hear of your health troubles. Aging is a bitch...

Inger said...

Dear Jean, I'm so sorry to read about your health scare. I hope you can get all the rest you need, even with the holidays around the corner. I also hope that your need for a heart test can be speeded up. I love the quote and, as I have aged it really rings true to me. Every day is a miracle and we must take good care of it and of ourselves. Merry Christmas to you and Hugh. ~ Inger

Eggs In My Pocket said...

So very sorry to hear about your scary ordeal! Prayers and hugs to you. Take good care of yourself! Have a merry Christmas and wonderful New Year!

Fundy Blue said...

I, too, am so sorry to hear that you are going through all this, Jean! I've just sorted out all my internet and computer problems and am back online. I'm sending lots of positive vibrations to you, Hugh, and family coupled with lots of prayers. Take care, my dear friend! Sending you hugs too!

12Create said...

So sorry you aren't too good at the moment. Take care and hopefully you will get a referral soon that will get this sorted for you. Despite your health concerns I hope you and yours have a lovely Christmas and I hope we can catch up some time in the New Year and meet each other. Hugs.

What Karen Sees said...

I've been negligent at visiting my blogging friends, but now I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems. I hope the doctors can soon get you stabilized, and I certainly hope you can enjoy a beautiful Christmas Day.

Cheryl said...

I am so sorry to hear that you had to go to the hospital again. I hope that your new medication fixes you up and you feel better. Have a wonderful holiday season and take it easy.

KB said...

Please rest as much as you can. We are all thinking of you, hoping that the docs can get your health straightened out. Sending lots of hugs and love.

Lara B. said...

Oh No! That is frightening indeed Jean! Definitely take it easy and get as much rest and as little stress as you can. I will pray that your doctors can get you back to ticking along perfectly. I hope you and Hugh manage to have a beautiful Christmas despite it all.